Tuesday, May 13, 2008

For HER from HIM

As time went by I thought I would forget you,
Every day woke up with a thought of not remembering,
Yet all I did was to end the day with nothing but loneliness,.
I had lost something
Lost something I could never fill the space that was left,
I felt hollow and yet all I could do was to move
Walking was not as easy as it looked,
Not when I saw the path I chose to walk on
A path which had shattered glass all on the floor
I walk where all I was, was bear footed
A path so dark, I could not see my hands
So deserted that my presence gave me chills
A path whose walls I painted with the blood dripping from my torn veins
Ghosts of life came on and off to threat me
And what went missing was my desire

It became even worse when I was to walk over a body
A body with no life and cold as ice
Cold it had become with wounds which went right through the heart
I traveled from the head to the heart and saw what I should have never seen
A person who is no better than a geisha
I met a life which could never be called as living
A soul who even the devils wishes to escape from
I call it so because it is he who has committed the worst of all the crimes
It is he who has to repay his acts through the sentence
The sentence of feeling the same pain of death as he made his love feel
But to add to his misery he has to feel it every single day.
He has to wake up with a thought of regret
And every night has to die with the pain of living

As I kept moving on with my journey
All I wanted was an answer to my question
A question which HE also who suffers wanted to ask ever since long
Was this sentence good enough?
The answer had hid himself in the pain which HE suffered
The answer was NO. the punishment was nothing in terms of what he chose to suffer
No one ever pushed him to suffer the pain neither did anyone forced him
It was HE who chose to suffer and he did it because it was all he was left with
It was this pain that made him feel his love again and again
Knowing him was never a pleasure but always pain
And still every time even now when I sit alone all I remember is HE
Like a prostitute he had sold away his body to the pain and the scars were his rewards
HE still smiles even if his body may be bleeding
But now he just loves dieing every day


All I could do as a poet was to watch him as he drowned himself in his own blood
Saw him laughing every time the knife went deeper
Saw him praying to have a life of pain so as to he can always feel what he missed
Saw him crying when ever he saw light
And then saw him getting habitual of all the pain
It was his addiction and it was only HE who enjoyed
Neither did I nor could you have enjoyed it
It was for him and will always be for him
Just like his love
She lived with him
Died waiting for him
Loved him
And it was his turn
To live on with the pain to repay all she did
Just FOR HIM

No comments: